6-10 June 2023, Budva , Montenegro
in co-organisation with SMART4ALL Project
4th Summer School on Cyber Physical Systems and Internet of Things
CPS&IoT’2023 Summer School Program will be composed of four days of lectures, demonstrations, practical hands-on sessions, and discussions, as well as, free participation in CPSIoT 2023 and MECO 2023 sessions. The topics of the lectures, demonstrations, and practical hands-on sessions cover several major CPS applications (focusing on modern mobile applications that require high-performance or low energy consumption, as well as, high reliability, security and safety), computing technology for modern CPS, CPS architectures, development problems and solutions, as well as, design methodologies and design tools for CPS. Detailed list of the CPS&IoT’2023 Presentations including the names of their authors and presenters will be provided in the Schedule of the CPS&IoT’2023 Summer School. To stimulate interaction between lecturers and participants, only a limited number of participants will be admitted.
CPS&IoT’2023 Summer School is the forth of the series of schools started with a very successful CPS&IoT’2019 Summer School and continued with the CPS&IoT’2021 Summer School and CPS&IoT’2022 Summer School.
It aims at serving the following main purposes:
- Advanced training of industrial and academic researchers, developers, engineers and decision-makers; academic teachers, Ph.D. and M.Sc. students; entrepreneurs, investors, research funding agents, and policy makers; and other participants who want to learn about CPS and IoT engineering;
- Dissemination, exchange and discussion of advanced knowledge and project results from numerous R&D projects in CPS and IoT;
- Promotion and facilitation of international contacts and collaboration among people working or interested in the CPS and IoT area.
Distinguishing features of this advanced Summer School are that its lectures, demonstrations, and practical hands-on sessions will be given by top European specialists in particular CPS and IoT fields from industry and academia, and will deliver very fresh advanced knowledge. They are based on results from numerous currently running or recently finished European R&D projects in CPS and IoT, what gives an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with issues and challenges of CPS and IoT development; actual industrial problems, designs and case studies; and new concepts, advanced knowledge and modern design tools created in the European R&D projects.
You are encouraged to participate in this very special event that gives a unique opportunity to interact with outstanding specialists in the area of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and Internet-of-Things (IoT), and to get acquainted with huge opportunities and impact of CPS and IoT, serious issues and challenges of their development, as well as, newest concepts, advanced knowledge and modern design tools created in numerous ongoing and recently finished European R&D projects in CPS and IoT. The Summer School is possible thanks to involvement of many outstanding researchers and developers from several European projects and countries.
Summer School is fully co-organized with SMART4ALL Project. Self-sustained customized cyberphysical system experiments for capacity building among European stakeholders (SMART4ALL), is a four-year flagship EU project under the call DT-ICT-01-2019: Smart Anything Everywhere for connecting Digital Innovation Hubs across Europe. The SMART4ALL consortium consists of 25 European partners with interdisciplinary skills and know-how from universities, research institutes, investors, networking organizations, SMEs, Innovation Hubs and NGOs.
The project will build capacity (via Open Calls) amongst European stakeholders through the development of self-sustained, cross-border experiments that transfer knowledge and technology between academia and industry. It targets CLEC (Customized low energy computing) CPS/IoT and combines a set of unique characteristics that join together different cultures, policies, geographical areas and application domains under a common vision.
- Digitized transportation,
- Digitized agriculture,
- Digitized environment
- Digitized health with emphasis to COVID-19 pandemic
- Digitized anything
- SMART anything everywhere
ECTS equivalent = 3 ECTS
The General Program Concept of the CPSIoT Summer School 2023 is as follows:
- Green CPS and IoT
- Processor, accelerator, software and communication technologies for CPS and IoT
- Machine Learning and Edge Computing
- Modelling, simulation, design and implementation of CPS and IoT
- Thrustworthy CPS and IoT: security, reliability and safety
- Effective and energy efficient computing for CPS and IoT
Preliminary Programme of CPSIoT Summer School 2023
The list of accepted students (updated 23.3.2023)
After review of applications the following participants are accepted (the list will be updated (the list will be updated after accepting new ones)
|1||Saleha Javed||Sweden||Luleå University of Technology|
|2||Rajeev Kanth||Finland||University of Turku|
|3||Albin Beriša||Sweden||Mälardalens University|
|4||Yining Huang||France||Université Paris-Saclay, CEA, List|
|5||Bo Peng||New Zealand||University of Auckland|
|6||Inhwi Hwang||South Korea||Seoul National University|
|7||Iñaki Paz Rey||Spain||LKS Next|
|8||Mikel Garcia||Spain||LKS Next|
|9||Boris Radovanović||Serbia||University of Novi Sad|
Note: the submission process is ongoing and above list will be updated timely.
- Proceedings of CPS&IoT2019 (Cyber Physical Systems and Internet of Things), Editors: Lech Jozwiak and Radovan Stojanovic, Vol I, MECOnet Institute (Mediterranean Excellence in Computing and Ontology), June 2019
- Proceedings of the 2nd Summer School on Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet-of-Things, SS-CPSIoT’2021, Editors: Lech Jozwiak and Radovan Stojanović, Vol. II, MECOnet Institute (Mediterranean Excellence in Computing and Ontology), June 2021.
- Proceedings of the 3rd Summer School on Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet-of-Things, SS-CPSIoT’2022, Editors: Lech Jozwiak and Radovan Stojanović, Vol. III, MECOnet Institute (Mediterranean Excellence in Computing and Ontology), June 2022.
CPS&IoT’2023 Summer School is collocated with:
- CPS&IoT’2023 Conference – the 11th International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet-of-Things and
- MECO’2023 Conference – the 12th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing.
- The registration to CPS&IoT’2023 Summer School entitles to free participation in CPS&IoT’2023 Conference and MECO’2023 Conference sessions. The Summer School participants are encouraged to submit their papers to the CPS&IoT’2023 Conference and MECO’2023 Conference.
The school is open to everybody, but previous knowledge or equivalent practical experience at least at the Bachelor level in engineering (e.g. system, computer, electronic, electrical, automotive, aviation, mechanical, or industrial engineering), computer science, informatics, applied physics or similar is recommended.
Industrial Participation is encouraged. The Summer School is not only to disseminate R&D results or follow courses and learn new knowledge on CPS and IoT from top professionals, but to meet people, interact and discuss with outstanding researchers, developers, academic lecturers, advanced students, and other participants, collaborate or start collaborations, and meet many talented people who may become employees of your companies as well.Submit your application
How to submit your application to summer school
DEADLINES, DISCOUNTS, REGISTRATION FEES AND HOW TO PAY FEES?REGISTER
Registration fees (SS-CPCIoT)
MECO fees are appropriate and moderate, both for senior researchers and all categories of the students.
Early registration for Summer School on CPSIoT (until April 1 2023)
• FULL: 500 EUR, online: 400 EUR
• STUDENT: 450 EUR, online: 350 EUR
• TUTORIAL PRESENTER: 400 EUR, online: 350 EUR
Regular registration for Summer School on CPSIoT (until May 15 2023)
• FULL: 650 EUR, online: 500 EUR
• STUDENT: 550 EUR, online: 450 EUR
• TUTORIAL PRESENTER: 450 EUR, online: 400 EUR
Late registration for Summer School on CPSIoT (after May 15 2023)
• FULL: 700 EUR, online: 550 EUR
• STUDENT: 600 EUR, online: 500 EUR
• TUTORIAL PRESENTER: 500 EUR, online: 450 EUR
All prices listed above include VAT.
The parties who pay via SWIFT are obliged to cover the complete expenses of the payment service. In case of paying via “shared costs” the party will be obliged to additionally pay-up the remnant.
Because of our no-refund policy, in case you are unsure of whether you will attend in person or online, we advice you pay the online fee. In case you afterwards decide to attend in person, you can always pay-up the cost difference in person once you physically arrive to the Conference.
Additional discounts (paying fee via MECOnet or MANT, In case of choosing to pay via MANT you can get additional discount on your registration fee up to 12%)
Summer school’s facebook page
- MECO and CPSIoT thematic Workshops or Sessions, dedicated to challenging topics and outstanding projects
- SUBMISSION DEADLINES (MECO and CPSIoT): April 15th, 2023, SS-CPSIoT: April 15th, 2023
- MECO 2023 officially enlisted into IEEE Conference Events Calendar!
- MECO’2023 Special Sessions: Recent Advances in Computational and Engineering Methods in Biomedicine and Rehabilitation; Virtually Smart Systems in Maritime Business & Industry Announced!
- MECO’2023, CPSIoT’2023 and SS-CPSIoT’2023 ANNOUNCED, 06-10 June 2023, Budva, Montenegro!